Make This Recipe Today!
Mason Pointe Senior Living Executive Chef, Christian Gullet, shares one of his team’s latest recipes for their fall menu, which residents already are giving rave reviews. And now you can make it too! As featured on KFUO.
Orange Ginger Shrimp
- 16 Ounce Raw Shrimp 21-40 Ct
- 2 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup Sherry Cooking Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- ¼ Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Bulk unsweetened Pineapple Juice
- Clean, devein, and peel shrimp. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make sauce, heat one tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a saucepan. Add minced garlic, ginger, curry, and pepper.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until fragrant.
- Add sherry and cook until reduced by half. Add rest of ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Heat the second tablespoon of vegetable oil in the saucepan. Add shrimp and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked.
- Serve 1/2 cup sauce with 6 to 7 shrimp per portion.
About our Culinary Team
Leading the innovative culinary team at Lutheran Senior Services at Mason Pointe is Executive Chef Christian Gullet. With his dynamic team at Mason Pointe, they create phenomenal culinary execution and training. Chef Gullet is a seasoned talent with all-encompassing experience in the culinary arena, and committed to ensuring a fantastic food experience for all residents and guests.