Question: Why does it take pirates so long to learn the alphabet?
Answer: Because they spend years at C!
Pirate humor rang out across from the port to the starboard side of Lutheran Hillside Village as current residents and potential future residents gathered together for an Ahoy Matey Open House
The Mates and Maidens were treated to cookies, mini cheesecakes, éclairs, and drinks (also known as grub and grog). All then received scrolls that led them across Lutheran Hillside Village to view available apartments while learning more about all that Lutheran Hillside Village offers.
And with construction almost complete featuring REACH Short Stay Rehabilitation and additional private apartments for Assisted Living and Memory Care Assisted Living, there’s a lot to know about Lutheran Hillside Village.
Did You Know:
- 24 Lutheran congregations in Peoria worked together on the beginnings of Lutheran Hillside Village, which broke ground in 1961.
- In January 1963 residents moved in but the ground breaking ceremony was delayed because of the winter weather … brrrr.
- Mark Shoopman, LHV executive chef, has a weekly cooking segment on WEEK-TV and every day he, and his team, prepare 657 meals.
- The Water of Life Chapel was a gift from the Lutheran Women of Greater Peoria. The first service held in the chapel was on Reformation Sunday.
- The latest groundbreaking features the latest technology from the kitchen to therapy room!
Look for more information coming soon about our upcoming groundbreaking!