About Concordia Village
An active lifestyle. Freedom from the hassles of home repairs. Priority access to quality health care. A community of close friends. It’s all here at Concordia Village.
As a continuing care retirement community, Concordia Village offers a whole spectrum of living options and a full continuum of services, including:
How can we help YOU live life to the fullest? Call 217.993.7045 or click below to find out!
4101 W. Iles Ave.
Springfield, IL 62711
Things for Concordia Village residents to do in Champaign, Illinois 61820
A small town with the all amenities that a large city would have to offer, Champaign features a plethora of arts, education, activities and culture. Concordia Village residents will be delighted to find all that this town has to offer.
- Each year, residents of Champaign enjoy a number of community events. The Boneyard Arts Festival brings together local artists and businesses to celebrate a wide array of art venues. The Taste of Champaign features food vendors from across the area to help wet your palate. Concerts and other entertainment also fill the festival while you enjoy samples from local restaurants. Film buffs will greatly enjoy the annual Roger Ebert’s Film Festival, which showcases some of the best films around. The Illinois Marathon is a 5k that includes Boston Qualifier, all while enjoying the courses that go through the downtown streets and scenic residential neighborhoods as well as paved park trails!
- The University at Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is right in the heart of this community. Take advantage and sign up for a class, or just enjoy all the campus has to offer, including the sporting events from the top-ranked “Fighting Illini” teams.
- If you enjoy a night out at the theatre, The Champaign Urbana Theatre Company offers seasons of award winning shows, recently including The Producers and Legally Blonde. Tickets are always on sale, and be sure to sign up for workshops that are available from time to time.
- From July to December, make sure to visit Curtis Orchard. For over 85 years this orchard has young and old alike getting together for some good old apple picking. There is also a Country store that sells produce and preserves, as well as an on-site bakery. There are also both weekday and weekend activities always going on, most of which usually include live entertainment. Make sure to look out for seasonal festivals such at the Curtis Pumpkin Patch in October.
- Carle Foundation Hospital is a 345-bed hospital that is ranked for its amazing nursing care. The hospital is part of Carle Regional Health Center, which offers both inpatient and outpatient services to residents of Champaign and its nearby towns. Chosen as one of the top 100 health centers in the nation, residents can be sure that they will be in wonderful hands at this facility.