About Concordia Village
An active lifestyle. Freedom from the hassles of home repairs. Priority access to quality health care. A community of close friends. It’s all here at Concordia Village.
As a continuing care retirement community, Concordia Village offers a whole spectrum of living options and a full continuum of services, including:
How can we help YOU live life to the fullest? Call 217.993.7045 or click below to find out!
4101 W. Iles Ave.
Springfield, IL 62711
Things for Concordia Village residents to do in Decatur, Illinois 62522
Decatur IL is a city that is bursting with life and community. Concordia Village residents can enjoy a plethora of activities including the arts, animals, outdoor sports, and more.
- Animal lovers will enjoy visiting the Scovill Zoo in Decatur. Take a ride on the Z.O.&O. Express train and stop at different locations to see the spider monkeys, giant toads, the beautiful Red Panda check out the herpaquarium or feed the goats at the petting zoo. Become a member and enjoy free admission during the regular season and numerous discounts throughout the park.
- Music lovers need to see the Greater Decatur Chorale. A musical group that has been in operation for over 25 years, they entertain their audiences with a variety of music sung by over 80 talented vocalists. Come Check out the Chorale Performances, and if you feel so inclined, consider auditioning. All are welcome!
- Try your hand at the 9-hole short course Scovill Golf Course. Out of town golfers even love frequenting this course, named one of the top 100 women-friendly courses in America! There are senior discounts, tournaments, and a Pro Shop that is open year round.
- Any horse lovers out there? Decatur boasts an amazing place to ride with Big Creek Riding Center. Picturesque trails, riding lessons, shows in the arena, and even horse boarding are some of the amenities offered at Big Creek.
- The Decatur Memorial Hospital provides quality healthcare to its residents. One of the top choices for Central Illinois, the state of the art technology at this hospital helps patients feel like they are in very good hands.