723 S. Laclede Station Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63119
An active lifestyle. Freedom from the hassles of home repairs. Priority access to quality health care. A community of close friends. It’s all here at Laclede Groves.
As a continuing care retirement community, Laclede Groves offers a whole spectrum of living options and a full continuum of services, including:
How can we help YOU live life to the fullest? Call 636.861.0600 or click here to find out!
Things for Laclede Groves residents to do in Affton, Missouri 63123
From exotic animals, to museums, to great dining options, residents at Laclede Groves always enjoy the plethora of surrounding activities in Affton.
- Grant’s Farm is one of the biggest attractions in St. Louis, and it is located right here in Affton. The wildlife reserve and historical site that was once farmed by former U.S. President Ulysses S. Grant is now owned and operated by the Busch family of Anheuser-Busch, Inc. It is a free park that is home to hundreds of exotic animals from across the world, and the also the world famous Budweiser Clydesdales. Stop in for a free tour on the train and receive a complementary beverage courtesy of Anheuser-Busch while feeding the goats in the petting zoo. Grant’s Farm has fun for every one of all ages!
- The Oakland House is a great place to visit for the historical buff. It is a restored mansion from the 1800s that was designed by famous architect George I. Barnett. It is open to the public every third Sunday, but is always available for private business, luncheons, or parties.
- Grant’s Trail is an 8-mile long trail that spans Affton, with attractions all along the way. The trail used to be part of the old Missouri Pacific Railroad, but now it is a walker/biker’s haven. Stop at the Lodge, which has a rustic Bed and Breakfast, take in the sights of nearby Grant’s Farm, or even check out the Grant’s Historic Site, which was once home to former President Grant. Just a casual walk along the trail can be exciting due to all there is to see!
- To wet your palate, try Saint Louis’s favorite place to go for a filet, Sam’s Steakhouse. Located in the heart of Affton, Sam’s offers a wide variety fine dining menu that has diners raving across town and coming back for more.
- St. Anthony’s Medical Center is a 767-bed hospital with over 800 physicians that serves the south St. Louis population. It is the third-largest medical center in the St. Louis Metropolitan area, offering advanced medical treatment in a number of specialties.